Abacha is a staple food from the Eastern part of Nigeria. It is also known as African salad, with a base ingredient of dried and shredded cassava. It is delicious and easy to prepare.
Time to make:
- 2 cups of Abacha (dried shredded cassava)
- Palm Oil
- Garden eggs 3
- 3 Tbs Crayfish
- Dried pepper
- 1 Tsp Iru (Locust beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon Akau (Cooking Potash)
- 1/4 cup chopped scented leaf (African Blue Basil)
- Dried fish / Cooked Beef
- Soak the abacha in hot water till it’s soft (25-30mins) then drain out the water
- Bleach the palm oil for about 5mins and leave to cool
- Dissolve the akau in 1 table spoon of hot water.
- In a clean pot mix the bleached oil, akau, dried fish/meat, crayfish, abacha, onions, iru, diced garden eggs, salt, maggi and pepper.
- Sprinkle on scent leaf and serve