Time to make: 2hrs – 2.5hrs
- Vegetable/Canola Oil
- Eggs (3)
- Pepper (fresh or dried)
- Warm Water (optional)
- Foil paper or aluminum tins with covers
- Wooden spoon
- Shell the beans using a blender (Using the pulse button for 1 sec each) or soak it for 30mins in hot water to soften the shell and hand wash to remove the shell.
- Sieve out the shell leaving just the cleaned beans.
- Boil the eggs, when ready, slice and set aside
- Wash the tomatoes and pepper and blend together with the clean beans and chopped onions.
- Now turn the mixture into a bowl, add maggi, crayfish, tablespoon of oil, salt and stir properly with the wooden spoon. Tip: if the mixture is too thick, add warm water as needed.
- If using foil paper, cut them and fold into pockets. Now coat the foil pockets or aluminum tins & covers with a little oil to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Pour the mixture into the foil pockets or aluminum tins, filling them half way to allow enough space for the mixture to swell and cook properly. Place as much sliced eggs into the each portion as you desire.
- Add a little water to the pot and place the tins or foil pockets into the pot.
- Cook under medium heat for about 30-45 mins.
- Note: The steam cooks the meal so remember to cover the pot properly.
- Also, periodically check the water level in the pot, if it is dried or too low, add more water and continue to cook till meal is ready.
- To check when Moimoi is ready, place a knife into the moi moi. If the knife comes out clean/dry it is cooked.
- Now enjoy 🙂