- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Dried Pepper
- Salt, Maggi, Curry, Thyme
- In a clean dry pot, pour a bit of oil into the pot and heat under medium heat. In the meantime, slice half a bulb of onion
- When oil is hot, pour in sliced onions and stir fry for about 3-4 mins.
- Pour in a scoop of tomato paste and fry for about 5-6mins.
- Pour in 1 can of tomato sauce (14 oz.), stir and allow to fry for 7mins. Add 1/4 spoon of curry, thyme and 1 Tsp of dried pepper and stir.
- Slowly pour raw rice into the sauce, mixing in the sauce and rice. Keep adding more rice till it is proportional to the amount of sauce
- Pour in water to about 1.5 inches above the level of the rice. Gently stir the rice, breaking the lumps. Cook till water dries and turn rice over.
- Taste the rice, checking for softness. If rice is not fully cooked, (if using meat, pour in the meat stock) pour in some more water to the level of the rice and reduce the heat. Cook till water is completely dried and stir rice over from bottom of pot to ensure it’s not sticky and allow for air to reach the bottom.