- 2 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Green Pepper
- Green Peas, Chopped Carrots, Sweet Corn (or a pack of frozen mixed veggies)
- Spring Onions
- Liver or Ground Beef
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt, Seasoning Salt, Dried Pepper, Maggi
- Curry, Thyme
- Wash the different bell peppers, remove the seeds and chop into nice bits.
- If using fresh veggies (spring onions inclusive), also chop them nicely.
- At this point, you can begin cooking the rice. Remember to salt it 😉
- Now, we cook the liver or ground beef. If using ground beef, season and stir fry in chopped onions until it turns brown and is fully cooked inside. If using liver, season and steam like regular beef.
- Pour in the chopped bell peppers into the ground beef/liver and stir fry till it is half cooked. Then pour in the mixed veggies and cook till soft. (If using frozen mixed veggies, cook for about 7-10mins)
- Add curry, thyme, dried pepper, maggi and cook for another 15mins on low heat. (Note: The curry gives the rice the golden-yellow color. So more of it = means more color)
- In a clean wide bowl or pot, mix completely the cooked rice and cooked veggies in portions.
- Fried Rice is ready to serve!
Serve with grilled chicken/fish, fried plantain & moi moi