Salt or Seasoning Salt
Onions (1/2 a bulb)
* Dried Pepper
1. Properly wash raw meat and cut into smaller pieces.
2. Place cut meat into a clean dry pot
3. Add sliced onions, maggi, salt to taste, 1/2 Tsp of thyme & curry, 1/2 Tsp of dried pepper (using pepper is optional but I like to add it because it spices things up)
4. Allow to cook for about 20-25 mins. Meat should be soft enough to easily chew and broth still in the pot. (Notice that no water was added. Meat/chicken produce their own water while cooking but if this feels odd to you, you can add very very little water.)
5. To be certain the meat is fully cooked, slice a piece and see that the inside isn’t red or looks raw. Always ensure you cook meat, chicken, fish fully to prevent transmission of any disease/sickness common to half cooked products.
Meat is ready to be used. The broth is always very tasty and used a lot to cook other things such as stews, soups and even jollof rice.