Continuing with the basil theme of this month, I decided to try basil leaves in eggs and it turned out great! If you like to try something different for breakfast, why not try this delicious twist to your morning toast.
What you will need:
~ Eggs / Fresh or dried basil leaves / onions / seasoning / pepper (optional) / olive oil / spinach
*Note: If you see you need a bit more olive oil, feel free to add a bit more.
Want a copy of this recipe? Download your copy of this Basil Eggs Recipe here for free.
Thanks to the Nutri Bullet and my love for Pinterest, having freshly made smoothies on a whim has been my new thing. I love fresh smoothies because they are a great way to get the vitamins your body needs through fruits and veggies (esp the not so fun ones). I love them also because I can ensure I am not taking in any extra chemicals or preservatives found is store bought juices and I can easily customize it to suit my current health need.
My favorite blends are smoothies that involve a lot of berries because of their antioxidant properties. Blends like Blueberry Banana and Berry Festivals (any fruit that ends in berries). So today I share with you a roundup of my favorite smoothies. These smoothies not only give you your daily supply of vitamins but also help with healthy skin, brain function and overall energy.
From top to bottom
1. The Brain Power Blueberry Avocado by Gimme Some Oven
2. The Kale Oat Blueberry Smoothie by Once Upon A Recipe
3. The Green Monster Smoothie by Sing for Your Supper Blog
4. Blueberry Avocado Detox Smoothie by Jillianastasia
5. The Healthy Blueberry Smoothie by Mother Earth Living
6. The Super Smoothie by The Marathon Mom
Don’t forget to comment click the Leave A Comment link below to share your favorite healthy smoothie blends.
This mouth watering and alluring Spinach Basil Rigati Pasta is like a symphony of healthy ingredients coming together to make your lunch hour just a little more interesting.
Simple and easy to make, it is ridiculously delicious.
Click the link below to get a free printable of this recipe and shopping list to help you out when shopping.
Spinach Basil Pasta Recipe
Basil is a spice I recently started experimenting with. After coming across it in a recipe, I decided to look deeper into it while incorporating this leaf into meals.
So what’s so great about Basil?
– Basil belongs to the mint family and is also known as sweet basil
– There are 150! varieties of basil leaves and they are native to India but now grown commercially in other parts of the world.
– It is said to calm the stomach by putting a teaspoon of dried basil leaves in a cup of water
– It has antibacterial properties and helps fight inflammation
There are numerous benefits if this pretty leaf and so, this month is dedicated to Basil Leaves! All month-long, I will share with you fun Basil Recipes.
Ever used basil before? What are your thoughts? Click the Leave Comment link below to share.