Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Ever since I discovered this method of cooking eggs (thanks dad 😉 ), it has been my go to method on the lazy days when I just want to get into the kitchen and get out without spending forever in there. I really like this method because I can skip on the oil and I have less dishes to wash and worry about when I am done. Today’s microwave baked eggs, I will be adding corned beef to make things a little interesting.
Ingredients: ~ Corned beef ~ 2 Eggs ~ Salt ~ Dried Pepper (optional)
~ Break the eggs into a microwave safe bowl
~ Open up the corned beef tin, take out as much beef you would like. Using a knife or fork, break it up into smaller chunks and add to the eggs. (Remember to store the left over corned beef in a bowl in the fridge. DO NOT store it in the tin)
~ Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk everything together.
~ Place bowl in the microwave for 1 min. After this 1st minute you will notice the egg is not fully cooked so you flip it over and bake for another 1 min & 30secs. Note, depending on the intensity of your microwave, you may need less or more time.
Hey everyone! Hope the new year has brought lots of good things your way but if it hasn’t don’t worry, relax & cook something African!
Today, I like to introduce a new section/category on the blog called Kitchen Bloopers. Here, I will be posting my epic kitchen fails as well as humorous cooking fails from around the web. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do and I look forward to hearing about yours too.
African Foodie 😉
• 1 Tuber of yam (mid size) • 2 Onions
• 3-4 fresh tomatoes • 2 fresh pepper
• Salt • Maggi, Curry, *Thyme(optional)
• *Smoked Tilapia Fish or Fish fillets (optional) • Blended Crayfish
• *Ginger & Garlic (Optional) • Palm Oil
• Cut and peel yams: Place the yam tuber on a flat and comfortable surface. Using a sharp knife, cut the yam vertically across to form individual circles. Cut the yam about 2-3 inches thick and peel the back of the yam using the knife. Wash peeled yams and cut each individual circles into 4 pieces.
• Place yams into clean, dry pot & add water to the level of the yam. Allow to boil till the yam is semi hard.
• Stir and add fish fillets or smoked tilapia fish, blended ginger, garlic, curry & thyme and stir
• Add salt and maggi to taste.
• Add blended crayfish & stir.
• Cook for 7mins
• Add 1 – 1.5 cooking spoons of palm oil