Hi guys! It has been a while since my last post but I finally got some free time to write this post.
Today, I will be writing about how to make beans with yam made as porridge. This meal is super easy and full of nutrients.
:: 4- 5 slices of yam
:: 3-4 cups of beans
:: Dry pepper or fresh pepper (1 red bell pepper or 2-3 rodo pepper)
:: 1 tablespoon of crayfish
:: 1/2 – 1 Spoon of palm oil
– Measure out the beans and pick it clean of any dirt or dried out beans
– Wash the beans once and pour into a clean pot
– Add water to about 2 inches above the beans, sliced onions and allow to boil till the beans is partially soft. (Note, beans takes a while to soften so you may need to add more water if the initial water dries)
– While the beans is cooking, peel the yam, rinse and cut into chunks
– If you are using fresh pepper, blend them and keep it aside.
– Once the beans is half soft, add the sliced yams and allow to cook for about 7-10 mins.
– Allow to cook till the yam is soft and any excess water is dried
– Meal is ready to serve! 🙂